By Pierre Miquel,Yves Cohat
By Pierre Miquel,Yves Cohat
By Janis Herbert
By Lois Miner Huey
Archaeologists learn about the lives of kids from the prior due to what they left in the back of: toys, instruments, outfits, and extra. So prepare to go back and forth again in time and try the lives of kids—from eu cave young ones twenty thousand years in the past to American Indian young children 1000 years ago.
By Ed Adams
History for universal front thirteen+ Revision advisor displays the fashion and content material of the recent ISEB universal front syllabus and gives crucial help and suggestions for thorough examination guidance.
- counseled by way of ISEB
- Consolidates all of the key info required for universal Entrance
- presents guidance and suggestion on the right way to solution either the facts and essay questions
- contains 'Test your self' workouts for centred revision
Also on hand from Galore Park www.galorepark.co.uk:
- historical past for universal front thirteen+ examination perform Questions
- background for universal front thirteen+ examination perform Answers
- historical past for universal front: Medieval nation-states Britain 1066-1485
- historical past for universal front: The Making of the united kingdom 1485-1750
- historical past for universal front: Britain and Empire 1750-1914
Suitable for ISEB thirteen+ background tests from Autumn 2013 onwards.
By Jules Archer,Roger Stone
More than eighty-five old black-and-white pictures list the occasions, and Archer’s considerate questions and conclusions depart readers with much-needed reason for desire. a part of Sky Pony Press’s revitalized Jules Archer historical past for younger Readers sequence, with a brand new foreword by way of Roger Stone, Watergate strives to offer younger readers the total fact approximately this second in heritage, in an effort to permit adolescents to shape clever judgments necessary to being part of a functioning democracy.
By Fernando García de Cortázar
By Anna Casalis,Tony Wolf
By Tamra B. Orr
By Alan Farmer
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and review requisites of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- offers exam-style questions and counsel for every correct specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for various classes including:
- AQA: The start of america, 1760-1801
- OCR: the yankee Revolution 1740-1796
By Patricia Majher
Majher introduces little-known tales, like these of girl aviator Nancy Harkness (Love), pioneer Anna Howard Shaw, escaped slave Dorothy Butler, specialist baseball participant Marilyn Jenkins, union chief Myra Komaroff (Wolfgang), and local American author Jane Johnston (Schoolcraft). She additionally comprises figures that many readers will recognize—including First woman Betty Bloomer (Ford), jockey Julie Krone, Motown megastar Diana Ross, and tennis champion Serena Williams. Majher indicates that whereas existence wasn’t constantly effortless for those women, they have been capable of conquer any variety of hindrances to accomplish their objectives. Great ladies in Michigan History contains a short part on each one girl’s existence after the age of twenty and a word list of chosen vocabulary phrases on the finish of the ebook.
With its depictions of younger girls who've now not usually been represented in background texts, this e-book could be inspirational interpreting for higher hassle-free university scholars (ages eight to twelve) and welcomed by means of Michigan faculties, bookstores, and public libraries.